The Path is Not Straight Up

May 2017
 
Its been 3 months since I last posted here. I know I am in the hiatus of memorizing. One reason is my difficult pregnancy - almost 4 months now and always dizzy yet I praise God for this blessings!
 
One more thing is its now a challenge to keep the books I memorized because of adjustments in my new work with almost no Christian around here, there is only one Christian I know who is not always in our office, he is in the other building. I'm still adjusting seeing people offering and celebrating different many gods and the company culture, usually they don't speak in English but most can only speak local Chinese, so I am usually alienated. 
 
Sometimes I use my little spare time to sit down and watch nonsense things on TV to divert my mind off work, sometimes I use my very little spare time browsing non sense Facebook wall posts. I admit I rarely study the bible and keep me closer to unfruitful works instead.
 
Something happened today that "forced" me to give attention to the Words of God. I have two phones and my main is iPhone and the other is Android which keeps this blog and my AnkiDroid memorizing apps.
 
My iPhone is now wrecked literally! I was using it this morning in the taxi for mindless Facebooking and I didn't notice when I alight the taxi it was not secured in my bag so it slipped and the taxi run over it.
 
I know to avoid I should be more careful in my phone and be more mindful. But for me I thank the circumstance that now I able to read my previous blogs using my Android Apps and remind myself how I overcame the same not so good habits before. I am free in the grace of God but I shouldn't use this freedom as cover up to do just anything my flesh wills. I'd like to imitate Paul as He imitate Christ that he dies in his flesh daily, by the spirit he puts to death the deeds of the flesh. I realized regeneration is not a straight up path. Sometimes its like a curving down then need God's help to lift me up again. I praise God for His steadfast love that endures forever, may the Lord keep me under His grace for I cant do it in my own effort I need Him all the steps in the way.

Two years after I initially posted this, I was able to be released on this bondage of "not being sober" distracted by the schemes of the adversary, I posted it in this link:
http://memorizent.blogspot.com/2019/09/struggle-in-tv-watching-vs-holding-on.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorizing Plan for the Book of Romans (Progress of John and NT Reading Times)

Revised 5-Year Plan to Memorize New Testament (2019-2023) Note: 2nd Attempt That I didn't Achieved YET!

My Memorization Method and Schedule - Gospel of John on Final Month