I DECLARE ALL OUT WAR AGAINST SIN

April 8, 2016

I'm exceedingly glad to update I had finished John’s Gospel, not meaning it is already in my permanent memory, maybe it takes 6 months to a year to do so.

I embarked on 1 John and it is not a coincidence that when we meet our elder, he discussed the exact chapters (1 John 1-3), those things I badly need to live upon. Firstly I want to say the Spirit had many times lead us as a church on similar verses and we were surprised when we meet we would brought up the same Scripture portions and would like to study about it. It’s amazing, but it is a supernatural blessedness which is normal in our small church. Our elder show us a YouTube video by Paul Washer titled “Examine Yourself”.

I thank God for chastising me through 1 John, He broke me to my knees that I would be sure I had no other hope but Him. This scripture helped me to understand what sin is and how I should declare all-out war against it. 1 John 3:3-6 says “Everyone who hopes in Him purify himself for He is pure…everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness...you know that Jesus appeared to take away sin and no sin in Him…no one who abides on him keeps on sinning…” Now the sin that I was struggling before was “ungodly imaginations” mostly from watching TV, I had repented about it and I turned away, continually renewing my mind through His Word and prayers. I am glad to say that since then it didn’t bother me anymore and looking forward that the next time I would be tempted I’ll submit myself to God and resist the devil and renew my mind.


We've got to be sober-minded all the time, the devil prowls like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour and he attack us through our thoughts. How would I confess something that I don’t acknowledge as sin. Now I know it is an utter sin, I know now it defiles my thought life. Its not the best use of time (Ephesians 5:16) and it is not pleasing to the Lord who knows everything - all are naked before His eyes, even my thought life. Besides, it is my ultimate goal to grow in Christlikeness, to follow the steps of the Lord, as in Ephesians 4:13 "...to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ..." thus we know He is pure and that He would never think such filthy thoughts, thus I should avoid such thoughts too.

Now I do my best to be sober-minded on whatever I let to enter in my thought life. I’ve re-memorized Philippians 4:8 and made sure I’ll scrutinize base on these 8 standards. I’m so joyful that the Lord did not leave us as orphans, the spirit and His word is there to guide us. Glory to God!

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorizing Plan for the Book of Romans (Progress of John and NT Reading Times)

Revised 5-Year Plan to Memorize New Testament (2019-2023) Note: 2nd Attempt That I didn't Achieved YET!

My Memorization Method and Schedule - Gospel of John on Final Month