Philippians - Memorizing Journey


Feb 11, 2019
After memorizing the book of Ephesians, I am still in daily review but I feel I still can take new verses rather than purely reviewing. I remember that when I was reviewing James,  I couldn't perfectly recite it yet but I take in new verses of another book and through out the next few month reviewing I can perfectly recite it. Now I am taking Philippians,  2nd day and I have 15 verses already. It is such a lovely book, full of graceful words which rejoices my heart.
 
Feb 16,2019
I've finished memorizing Philippians 1 and started in Chapter 2. Ephesians daily review for 7 days is done and maybe I'll review after 3 days if I can safely put it in weekly review.  Feels good to be on track.  I created a new plan of memorizing the new testament with monthly separate tab. Documenting every step so I can repeat the method in every book on the way.
 
Feb 19, 2019
I am scheduled to finish memorizing Philippians 2 tomorrow.  As always,  I am one day advance since today I have only 6 verse to memorize. This practice gives me more perspective in living,  because I know I am making the best use of time. If I wasn't doing this,  my mind will wander with things of the flesh. By the way I tried to re-memorize some verses in the second half of Romans 8 for I feel my brain can still take some new material.  When I am faced with some worries of life,  the Word is my helper coupled with Praying in the spirit. Oh how I love His words,  it is my meditation day and night!
 
Feb 27,2019
I'm the last Chapter and final verses and so filled with gladness in this book,  how lovely and how it rejoices my heart.  Maybe Paul read the Psalm 19 chapter, because it is how he explain... Whatever is true, honorable, pure, lovely, commendable, any excellence, worthy of praise - think of these things... and its the word of God perfectly met these requirements!  I also rememorized my Romans 8 and now memorizing Psalm 19  together with this book.
 
Also my order for waterproof bible arrived,  what luck that all pages are exactly as how my old maroon bible so memorizing is a bliss because it didn't change except that this one is pristine white, the letters of back page is not seen and its more durable. Looking forward in my lifetime I will be able to learn by heart all pages of this NT with Psalms and Proverbs bible. I have more photos and details of this new bible in link ( http://mypreferredbibles.blogspot.com/ ).
 
 
Philippians 4:8-9
 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Psalm 19

(ESV from biblegateway, emphasis mine regarding Philippians 4:8-9)


 
19 The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech,
    and night to night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words,
    whose voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out through all the earth,
    and their words to the end of the world.
In them he has set a tent for the sun,
    which comes out like a bridegroom leaving his chamber,
    and, like a strong man, runs its course with joy.
Its rising is from the end of the heavens,
    and its circuit to the end of them,
    and there is nothing hidden from its heat.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
    reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure,
    making wise the simple;
8 the precepts of the Lord are right,
    rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure,
    enlightening the eyes;
9 the fear of the Lord is clean,
    enduring forever;
the rules of the Lord are true,
    and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold,
    even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey
    and drippings of the honeycomb.

11 Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
    in keeping them there is great reward.
12 Who can discern his errors?
    Declare me innocent from hidden faults.
13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins;
    let them not have dominion over me!
Then I shall be blameless,
    and innocent of great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
    be acceptable in your sight,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorizing Plan for the Book of Romans (Progress of John and NT Reading Times)

Revised 5-Year Plan to Memorize New Testament (2019-2023) Note: 2nd Attempt That I didn't Achieved YET!

My Memorization Method and Schedule - Gospel of John on Final Month