Some Applications of Memorized Verses For Me

There are instances I knew I could have applied a particular verse in a situation but I vented on the weakness of my flesh instead. For example, someone just spoke harsh words to me and I answered in a harsh manner and the other person end up to become even harsher, the verse Proverbs 15:1 and James 1:19 clings my mind but it was too late (Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger; James 1:19 Be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger). But what is the difference now? I am convicted and not swayed by the deceitfulness of sin. Then I would renew my mind (Romans 12:2 - "Be transformed by the renewal of your mind..") and resolve to have the peace with the person. I noticed as well that usually I would benefit on the verses long after I memorized them, something like when it goes to my veins and bloodstreams that's the time I couldn't help but just use them. I had never regretted all verses I've memorized and I am sure this is something I won't stop doing while I still have breath on me.

There are  many reasons to be discouraged if we focus on the wrong things. Lets admit it. Memorization when starting to it is like a tough work, like a chore especially when the physical body is tired. However when it becomes a habit you will find more reasons why you want to do it. When I was younger in the faith, I love watching TV series for hours and hours and I look forward for the next waking hour for it. Likewise, my decisions for small matters like a conversation can go on into a fight - somehow my decisions are influence by what I soak my mind into. Now I look back and I realized how vain the things I used to put my precious time.

Now it is no longer a chore for me. It becomes a pleasurable thing to do. What is our life? It is a mist here for a little time then vanishes, how could I possibly make it worthwhile in the best I could? Remember Ephesians 5:16 - make the best the use of the time because the days are evil.

This is not something I want to wear like a medal for arrogance - to say to someone "I've memorized that book word for word" for I don't seek glory from men but from my Lord. We will all stand before Him one day. I believe this is a manifestation of the Love of God, as one who was brought from death to life.

Every part of this process has gains, This act sows seed in the heart that may eventually grow and produce fruit that would endure to eternal life. There are times that my mind wanders and I am not sober and could focus on unworthy things, the act of sowing the seed in my heart or even reviewing them helps in capturing those unwholesome thoughts. Remember Phil 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. The WORDS of God fits in all these criteria. Not only the act of it, I look forward that the Lord would use me as His vessel of his words, blessings and good works.

I want to be just full of the truth that it overflows in my heart that I could easily share to all those around me. I want to be able to meditate on the truth even going to sleep or when I do not have chance to grab my bible. I want to give God's encouragement to someone in need of it in any circumstance, hoping they won't look at me but to God, to the message of God not the vessel.

I couldn't stop talking about the benefits I'm getting on this practice and how it helps me to know more the Lord. Deuteronomy 6:5 says "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength". This practice is also a means of loving the Lord with all you've got. Jesus said the one who keeps his commandment is the one who loves him, and the one who keeps his commandments HAS them (John 14:21). I hope I had convinced you to this practice as well. Happy memorizing! God bless you!

John 14:21 - "Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorizing Plan for the Book of Romans (Progress of John and NT Reading Times)

Revised 5-Year Plan to Memorize New Testament (2019-2023) Note: 2nd Attempt That I didn't Achieved YET!

My Memorization Method and Schedule - Gospel of John on Final Month