Setback Happens, Just Do It Anyway - Romans 10

2 Timothy 2:4

"No soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him."

Before this post, I updated review methods. Also the last progress update of Romans is in this post,  haven't written any insights due to this setback...

I wish I could say that everyday I have the same level of enthusiasm and it always brings me joy and excitement to do all I have written in my daily schedules. As much as I want to put my mind in the things of the spirit, I could sometimes forget that verse (2 Timothy 2:4), and I could get entangled with a controversy in my day job (which is not profitable as discussed to Titus 3:9, so I better not talk about it here too) - just I have to mention that these kinds of things can succumb my thought life that hinders in this quest. At least now I have a thermometer of my level of peace, if I could not follow my daily plans, there is something wrong and I have to be sober minded and submit myself in prayers and pull myself together to focus on my main goals in life.

Note: Explanations on how above schedule works are in this post: Preparing Daily Schedules

So now I have just memorized Romans 10:11-17, I am on track for my daily new verses (since I find this the 'play' part, I enjoy this a lot!) but I have slight setbacks these days on my reviews. I haven't kept my John reviews for the last three consecutive days and review of recent chapters of Romans are getting rough I just have to divert away from my plans. I had no energy to use a recorder to aid me, I just stick to my usual ways to recite to myself silently, its better than nothing. As a result, my number of actual number of chapters reviewed is way less than my target 6 chapters. Well I had a setback of whole month and even two years hiatus and the Lord had helped me to stand up again and pursue this quest. So I better "just do it", one day I will look into this journal and say, I acknowledge I am not perfect but I rest in the grace of the Lord - who knows how frail I am and still loves me and calls me his own, the Father calls me beloved through the redemption by my Lord's works, it was never my works. I am doing this because I love my Lord, for He loved me first when I least deserve it. I got the hang to personalize the verses I memorized.


Romans 9:25-26
 As indeed he says in Hosea,
“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’
    and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’
 “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’
    there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

30-Nov-2019
I'm glad that I've quickly recovered on this setback, posted here Progress Update For Romans - 2nd Chunk Done - Romans 11 though I don't have much time now to post more insights, life can be busy sometimes but I know one day I could have insights after the regular reviews.

Note that I backup all the completed schedule here: Schedules - Completed Folder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorizing Plan for the Book of Romans (Progress of John and NT Reading Times)

Revised 5-Year Plan to Memorize New Testament (2019-2023) Note: 2nd Attempt That I didn't Achieved YET!

My Memorization Method and Schedule - Gospel of John on Final Month