My Progress in Memorizing Romans (Chapters 1-3)

18 October 2019

In God's grace I have memorized Romans 1 in 7 days (13th - 17th Oct) - that is I can recite without the bible even how rough it is, for my memory's sake I put below my message to our group.


22 Oct 2019

While doing daily review for 1st chapter of Romans, I memorized the Romans 2 from 18th to 22nd Oct, this chapter is quite short. I felt so humbled for I know we all have passed judgement in our life regarding those who practice things in Romans 1.

23-Oct-19

I wasn't really so diligent to review my older books and lately on evenings I use to peak on the bible while reciting them. My target is to be able to recite all the books without the bible, unless small things like a forgotten word. Thus to achieve this, after I review in the evening and when I notice I needed to peak in the bible, I put them on next morning review while I am more relaxed and fresh. Thus, I change my daily schedule format to add the 'Plan for morning' with actual in blue colored column. Surprisingly, this means I am reviewing not just 6 chapters but about 10 chapters for the last 3 days and I didn't feel overwhelmed at all! So the idea of this changed daily format is to easily see what to do in morning, noon and evening. Actually this is continuation of my other post on daily schedule.




24 Oct 2019
While I thought Romans 2 was very humbling, this chapter 3 is even more humbling. It was like a sad reality view of human condition and I am very humbled. Now that the more I memorize the more I awe, I'm trying to control myself not to take in too many new verses a day, like yesterday I took 8 new verses of Romans 3 and read the whole chapter. I know the reviewing will be difficult if my daily new verses are more as it accumulates the next days for review.  However I am torn to take in more because I am so interested and moved so much and wanting to complete this  - who could ever able to digest this chapter and not prize the work of Jesus! Thanks to Jesus he saved us from this misery of human condition.

 
 

Comments

  1. Are you still memorizing? My system is somewhat similar to yours though my reciting schedule of books already memorized is not near as organized. I’ve almost finished all the epistles that are smaller than Ephesians and plan on starting Hebrews, Romans, and 1 and 2 Corinthians in 2021. I wasn’t sure how much I could handle, but by God’s grace I’m still going and able to retain the books I’ve memorized so far. If you want a partner on any particular book, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still memorizing? My system is somewhat similar to yours though my reciting schedule of books already memorized is not near as organized. I’ve almost finished all the epistles that are smaller than Ephesians and plan on starting Hebrews, Romans, and 1 and 2 Corinthians in 2021. I wasn’t sure how much I could handle, but by God’s grace I’m still going and able to retain the books I’ve memorized so far. If you want a partner on any particular book, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memorizing Plan for the Book of Romans (Progress of John and NT Reading Times)

Revised 5-Year Plan to Memorize New Testament (2019-2023) Note: 2nd Attempt That I didn't Achieved YET!

My Memorization Method and Schedule - Gospel of John on Final Month