Romans Project with Other Memorizers

11 Oct 2019

I am so glad that I have finished the Gospel of John, though I am still in some daily and weekly reviews.

Today I am very happy to say that for the first time I have known some people that are willing to be 'accountability partners', yes... just last post I was praying for an accountability partner and the Lord answered me with not just one but two, and maybe more as we decided to wait a bit more to recruit some who would be willing and maybe gather together to celebrate once we finish this maybe around February 2020. I'm already inspired that we were brought together by the Lord to encourage each other. I have tried memorizing Romans two years ago but I stopped after 3 days and that was when I have a long hiatus of memorization. Now I would like to make sure by having some other likeminded brothers and sisters on this journey to help each other on the way.

One brother messaged me separately asking me how long it took me to memorize John as he wanted to memorize this book too (my answer is 6 months), I thought I would be the one inspiring him but actually he is the one who inspired me in multitudes when he said he rehearses 100 chapters a day (he said because he has a poor memory)... wow!, I only recite 6 chapters a day to keep myself from being overwhelmed. Actually sometimes I even could not do 6 chapters and chop it into two days but I was really inspired to follow my plotted older books recitals even more hearing someone does more than 10 times than mine. Then the last verses in John 21 sprung to my mind... when the Lord told Peter how will he glorify Him (by what kind of death) and then Peter turned and saw John following and asked Jesus how about this man? (like, how will this brother will glorify you?) and Jesus answered 'If it is my will that about him is (ex. whatever impossible) ...what is it to you? you follow me' ... I know the Lord has prepared the good works for me and for everyone who loves Him and my way of dying to myself (and maybe even literally) will not be the same for everyone ...  my insights is the Lord does not want us to compare ourselves to another brother, yet I am inspired in somehow in a good way.

My next post is Trying to Understand Why Paul wrote to the Romans.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorizing Plan for the Book of Romans (Progress of John and NT Reading Times)

Revised 5-Year Plan to Memorize New Testament (2019-2023) Note: 2nd Attempt That I didn't Achieved YET!

My Memorization Method and Schedule - Gospel of John on Final Month